Tuesday 10 May 2011

Farm Fresh Jumbo Eggs

Eggs are so humble, so simple, so plentiful that we often take them for granted.
If I have to live on $2 per day, I will definitely include eggs in that budget.

Imagine fried rice without eggs? Big brekkie without eggs? Cake without eggs? Mayonnaise without eggs? Not for me.

Eggs are such comfort food. When I am weary and hungry, two fried eggs with a dash of light soya sauce and white pepper, served with some piping hot white rice, would be enough to lift my spirit.

While staying home with my post-surgery recuperation, a friend brought me a tray of farm fresh jumbo eggs. The emphasis is FRESH, very fresh.  She stressed that these eggs are best eaten soft-boiled. Since I love eggs and know eggs pretty well, I cracked one open. WOW, double egg yolks! This means that the jumbo eggs are from young chooks and packed with nutrients. Unfortunately, I was so excited with the double yolks that I fried them immediately and did not remember to take a picture of them.
Here is a picture of the jumbo eggs in the box.  See the nice colour and smooth shell? Each of them is 85g.



Price : $3.80 for a dozen. $9 for 30.

Where to buy them:
Wyndham Cache
1 K Ave, Werribee South
VIC 3030
http://www.wyndhamcache.com.au/
Tel: 03 97421526

No comments:

Post a Comment